Saturday, July 9, 2011

Well... the Westwinds team has been back home from Guatemala for 13 days now, and I'm preparing to leave tomorrow morning with a team from Gingellville Community Church.  Before I leave though, I feel the Westwinds team deserves one last post.

I picked up my mission trip journal tonight and glanced through to the page from our last debrief/worship session.  That night I asked each participant to say one word that encapsulated the essence of how the saw God moving in them through the trip.  It's a cool list of words, and I wanted to share it here both as a memory and as a memorial to the work God did.

So here's the list:

Dependency
Presence
Growth
New (Renewed)
Enlightening
Emotional
Colorful
Perspective
Vulnerability
Peaceful
Family
Unity
Joy
Weakness
Change
Reprieve
Sincerity
Suspenseful
Strength
Encouragement
Purpose
Craving
Spiritual
Thankful
Journey
Community

May God continue to develop these themes in the lives of each of the Westwinds team.  I look forward to serving alongside any of you, any time!

- joe


No comments: