Monday, August 25, 2008

Success in Jamaica


While Jamaica was winning Gold at the Olympic games in China, Simply Missions was celebrating some successes in Jamaica. Although many people think only of resorts when they hear "Jamaica", I saw another side of the island. In fact, I saw almost every side of the island as I spent time in Kingston, Mandeville, Knockpatrick, Whitehouse, Ocho Rios, and Montego Bay. It's always difficult to measure success in ministry, but as I returned from Jamaica on Wednesday I knew that this trip had been a success in several ways. The team from Chapel Point worked hard all week at building structures and relationships. As with many missions trips, we left with work yet to be completed, but also with hopes of returning to assist these ministries in the future. Personally, my time in Jamaica was extremely productive. I developed contacts with ministry leaders across the island that will open the doors to the possibility of numerous groups working in Jamaica in the coming years. These are not just business relationships, these are now friendships and I look forward to seeing my friends in Jamaica again very soon. Thanks to all of you who prayed over this trip and made it possible financially.

No comments: