Monday, April 4, 2011

LCS Student Reflections - Day 2


Hey everyone this is Maddie and so far so good with this missions trip! Today we worked at a school painting walls and also at a soccer field spreading sand all over the entire field. Everyone is doing great we are all feeling God and having an amazing time! The entire missions trip team has met a lot of people such as a lovely man named Carlos (his American name is Charlie) he is our driver and is one of the most loving and gracious man I have meet so far on this trip. He doesn’t just drive our bus he also helps out with the school and the field. Days are still to come and they will be even greater that today. I just wanted to say that I LOVE MY MOM & DAD and chloe J and I miss you guys but don’t worry about me and Mallory we are having a great time.
See you guys soon!
- Maddie

Hi all - today was a great day.  Everyone worked so hard on many projects at the school and the soccer field.  We had the team working on backstops for the soccer field, digging (tons) of holes for posts to fence the field, painting poles, fences, and walls, and digging up an area at the school for a garden.  I wish all of you could be here to see how hard your sons and daughters are working!  You should be proud of all them; God truly put together an amazing team!
- Lynn

Hey Guys, this is Stephen. Today was an awesome day, our team worked so hard on so many different things. Weather it was tearing up grass for the garden, or painting a wall, or digging holes for fence posts, everyone contributed something incredible. God is working in so many ways here that it would take me all night to tell you everything. But, the most predominant way that I have sensed God working is in the lives of the returning Guatemala team members. We all heard Joe say many times to “not have any expectations” and for the most part I thought I didn’t. The other “return-ies” and I had hundreds of expectations that we didn’t even realize, and for the first half of the first day we were all in a pretty depressed mood because it wasn’t the same as last year. But after we took the tour of the Guatemala City yesterday, and especially with the stop that we made in Pinitos, we could almost feel the burden of the expectations being lifted from us. We all realized that this isn’t about us at all, and we have yet another God ordained chance to bless a different community in some crazy powerful ways. Today, I felt that come to life. I am so excited to see the way that God uses us in this community. We are a great team, and great teams can only do great things. So, keep praying for all of us as we embark on the rest of the mission that God has planned for us this week. Pray for unity, health, and that God would show himself to us. Thank-you all so much for your continued love and support.
- Stephen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so excited to read your update maddie...it made me cry. I am so proud of you and your sister :)
My favorite verse is "I will hold you alsways in the palm of my hand" Isaiah 41:13....that is my prayer for all of you this week.
Thank you Joe, Lynn, and the Karrs for taking such good care of my girls!